Monday, September 10, 2007

How's your grammar?

Are you like me in that you tend to "proofread" or "edit" as you're enjoying a good book? If so, then try this grammar quiz on for size. Be sure to leave your results in the comments.




You Scored an A

You got 10/10 questions correct.

It's pretty obvious that you don't make basic grammatical errors.
If anything, you're annoyed when people make simple mistakes on their blogs.
As far as people with bad grammar go, you know they're only human.
And it's humanity and its current condition that truly disturb you.

5 comments:

CeeCee said...

I make errors all the time! I think I'll skip this quiz. LOL!

Anonymous said...

*lol*

Jenny said...

You are too funny Cee Cee! *grin*

Hi Jen!

Jim Thompson said...

Hi Jenny,

I'm a friend of Trisha's, and I found myself curious about your blog. My reaction? Excellent. And all those links! You put me to shame.

At any rate, I rated a 100% perfecto grade on the grammar test, which isn't really a grammar test per se, but a word usage test. And yes, I'm always indignant when I discover careless prose, even on blogs. In my (grammar) book, if a communication is important enough to write, its recipient is important enough to receive it, and the writer owes the reader enough respect to do the best job he can! So there! Now, I'll climb off my soap box and say goobye.

Jenny said...

Thanks for stopping by with a comment, Jim. I'm glad you like the blog - wish I had more time to devote to it. And I stand corrected - word usage test would be the proper term.

Soap-box ascending is perfectly fine with me. One of my biggest pet peeves while reading a book are those dreaded homophones. Spell-check doesn't catch those, do they? *grin*