Thursday, June 4, 2009

'Waiting On' Wednesdays (on Thursday)

A couple of my bloggy friends (Jen at So Many Books... and CeeCee at Book Splurge) have been participating in "'Waiting On' Wednesdays", which is hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, for a while now and I thought this meme looked too good to pass up. Here's a book I am 'waiting on'.

About three weddings and a bar mitzvah:

This final installment in the 86 Bloomberg Place series, Three Weddings and a Bar Mitzvah, follows the four roommates in their various stages of romantic relationships. Newly engaged Lelani has returned from Maui to Bloomberg Place with her toddler Emma and is trying to book her wedding date. Unfortunately there are scheduling conflicts for that same weekend. For starters, Megan and Marcus have a family wedding commitment. Anna and Edmond have promised to attend his stepbrother’s Bar Mitzvah and, to everyone’s surprise, Kendall has just accepted her “Maui Man’s” proposal of marriage and also wants to be wed on that same weekend in June. Let the games begin! To complicate matters, Lelani wants to keep her wedding simple, but Gil (the groom) has a Latina mama with other ideas. Meanwhile Kendall (the pregnant bride) wants to pull out all the stops on her wedding—and suddenly her absentee parents are on the scene. A crazed competition for bridesmaids, wedding locations, showers, attention, and a little peace and quiet takes over 86 Bloomberg Place. Yet at the same time, friendships are being forged that will last a lifetime.

I have enjoyed this series and look forward to seeing how things turn out.

This book is published by David C Cook and is set to release September 1st. Be sure to check out Melody Carlson's website as well.

4 comments:

CeeCee said...

I'm glad you joined in! Can't wait to read what you're waiting on each week. I hate to say our TBR list will increase. *Smile*

CeeCee said...

Oh, I'm behind reading in this series. I need to catch up before September, right?? So Many Books...

Jenny said...

Like I need my TBR to grow. *g*

You've got 3 months, CeeCee - read faster....LOL!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you are doing Waiting On' Wednesdays!!

Can't wait to read TWAABM. I need to read the one before it also. =}