Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Fall into Reading 2009



The time has come for the fabulously famous Fall into Reading 2009 challenge hosted by Katrina at Callapidder Days. I hope you will join in by taking the opportunity to get some reading goals put together so we can do some serious reading between September 22 and December 20. I'll put my list of books below, but I am also including in my challenge a personal goal to read at least one hour every day...something I don't always get a chance to do. (I can already foresee some late nights in my future...*grin*) I'm also including my Bonus Books list for any books I read above and beyond my original list. Happy reading!

Original List:

*The Prayers of Agnes Sparrow by Joyce Magnin
*A Little Help from My Friends by Anne Dayton & May Vanderbilt
*The Sound of Sleigh Bells by Cindy Woodsmall
*The Great Christmas Bowl by Susan May Warren
*Leaving Carolina by Tamara Leigh
*The Christmas Dog by Melody Carlson
*The Christmas Lamp by Lori Copeland
*The Sheriff's Surrender by Susan Page Davis
*The Missing by Beverly Lewis
*three weddings and a bar mitzvah by Melody Carlson
*An Amish Christmas by Wiseman, Fuller, & Cameron
*Just Between You and Me by Jenny B Jones
*Stretch Marks by Kimberly Stuart
*Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson
*Plain Promise by Beth Wiseman

Bonus Books:

*Extraordinary by John Bevere
*Ruby's Diary by Ruby Gettinger and Sheryl Berk
*Wisdom Hunter by Randall Arthur
*In the President's Secret Service by Ronald Kessler
*Highest Duty by Chesley B. Sullenberger & Jeffrey Zaslow
*Treasured by Leigh McLeroy
*The Christmas Glass by Marci Alborghetti


*Bold denotes book has been read*

7 comments:

CeeCee said...

We're going to have fun reading this fall. You're list looks great and I can't wait to discuss them with you.

Unknown said...

Yeah, a fellow Missourian! Great list. Good luck with your challenge. Wish me luck too. You should see how long my list is. Hmm...what was I thinking?

Mimi N said...

Jenny, we share some of the same titles for this challenge:
*The Sound of Sleigh Bells
*The Christmas Bowl
*Leaving Carolina
*The Sheriff's Surrender
*Stretch Marks
*Fools Rush In

Can't wait to get started tonight!!

Blessings,
Mimi @ Woven by Words

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

An hour a day sounds great! I bet if I could do that consistently, I'd get through my to-read pile more quickly!

Thanks for being part of Fall Into Reading '09!

Just Mom said...

You've already got one read - good for you! I really love your blog header - very cute. Good luck with the challenge!

Susanne said...

Looks like you have some great fall reading there! And hour a day is a great goal to put in the midst of this challenge!

Joyful said...

Hi Jenny,
I see we both have a love for Amish novels.
I have put your button on my blog.
Blessings,
Joyful