Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fall into Reading 2009 Wrap-up



Time has run out for the fabulously famous Fall into Reading 2009 challenge hosted by Katrina at Callapidder Days, so here's my wrap-up.

Did you finish reading all the books on your fall reading list? If not, why not?

A couple of things kept me from finishing my goal...library hold issues and couple of episodes of The Reading Funk. A few of the books that I had on hold did not get to me in time to read (I think everyone in town wanted to read them) and this year has a been a terrible one in that I've had so many spurts where I just have not felt like picking up a book, sometimes for days at a time. Sure hope 2010 is better.

The silver lining is that I actually read more books, number wise, than were on my original list.

Did you stick to your original goals or did you change your list as you went along?

Pretty much stuck to my original goal, although I added some bonus books while waiting for some of those elusive library holds. Had a couple of review books come in as well.

What was your favorite book that you read this spring? Least favorite? Why?

Favorite books are X'd below. I can't say that I had any "least favorites".

Did you discover a new author or genre this fall? Did you love them? Not love them?

No new genres, but Susan Page Davis was a new author for me. I really enjoyed the first book of her The Ladies' Shooting Club series, and consider it one of my favorite books this year.

Did you learn something new because of Fall Into Reading 2009 – something about reading, about yourself, or about a topic you read about?

Didn't really learn anything "new", but did enjoy reading about the Secret Service and the story of Flight 1549 that landed in the Hudson River.

What was your favorite thing about the challenge?

Just getting to see all the books that the other participants read, and finding new books to add to my TBR list.

How'd I do?

Original List:

*The Prayers of Agnes Sparrow by Joyce Magnin
*A Little Help from My Friends by Anne Dayton & May Vanderbilt
*The Sound of Sleigh Bells by Cindy Woodsmall
XThe Great Christmas Bowl by Susan May Warren
*Leaving Carolina by Tamara Leigh
*The Christmas Dog by Melody Carlson
*The Christmas Lamp by Lori Copeland
XThe Sheriff's Surrender by Susan Page Davis
*The Missing by Beverly Lewis
*three weddings and a bar mitzvah by Melody Carlson
*An Amish Christmas by Wiseman, Fuller, & Cameron
*Just Between You and Me by Jenny B Jones
*Stretch Marks by Kimberly Stuart
*Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson
*Plain Promise by Beth Wiseman

Bonus Books:

*Extraordinary by John Bevere
*Ruby's Diary by Ruby Gettinger and Sheryl Berk
*Wisdom Hunter by Randall Arthur
*In the President's Secret Service by Ronald Kessler
*Highest Duty by Chesley B. Sullenberger & Jeffrey Zaslow
*Treasured by Leigh McLeroy
XThe Christmas Glass by Marci Alborghetti

XCreede of Old Montana by Stephen Bly

*Bold denotes book has been read*

A big thanks to Katrina for all she does to make these challenges a success. I look forward to joining in the next challenge come springtime.

No comments: